Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm still alive


Hi everyone. Its been awhile since my last post but all is still well out here. Since entering VA (after Damascus and Trail Days - look for a guy wearing green childrens swim goggles!). I've been doing 25 mile days and have done a couple 30 + mile days. I'm getting tired of hiking ALL day so I'm going to slow it down a bit. Currently, I'm in Daleville, VA at mile 718.6 out of 2175 miles so that's about 1/3 of the way! Southwest VA was beautiful! I did not want to leave there but the miles kept carrying me northbound. So far I've seen 2 bears, some turkey, deer everyday and other loads of other 'forest creatures'. It's been raining for a few days straight now, so hard at times that there's no need for a rain jacket. I've been soaked to the bone for 3 days and my feet are like raisins but are finally drying out. I'm very excited for this weekend because my parents and Nicole are coming to see me again! I hope all is well with everyone. I'll update again soon!

Rocket



No comments:

Post a Comment